So I’ve been thinking a lot about resolutions. I’m not normally a resolution type of girl. But I’ve been finding myself thinking a lot of what I want and hope to accomplish this year and almost everything comes down to blogging.
Housekeeping and making a schedule are tops on my list. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- I’d like to tighten things up and make my topics a bit more streamlined and easy to find. I need to get rid of a few topics and make it look snazzy on my left side bar. Maybe 5 main topics and a random one for everything else.
- I’d like to figure out some sort of “media kit” and a better way to “contact me”. I’m still so new to blogging and I hate to fall for all the blog articles out there, but everyone keeps talking about media kits and how important they are. Hopefully at some point this year, I’ll figure out how I’d like to do that.
- I’d like to focus on features more. I’ll keep “Friday I’m in Love” as a weekly feature, but “Wishlist Wednesday” will probably be turned into a monthly feature and I’d like to add some sort of feature on tattoos as well, Since it’s a topic I know a lot about.
- I want to make an effort to post OOTD at least once a week, but ideally, twice a week. This one is tricky, as I count on Mister Meanie to take my photos for me, so we need time on the weekends to get good shots with daylight and then I need him to e-mail me the photos. So I’ll be counting on him and bugging him on a regular basis to get these photos up. I also hope to save up for a new camera and a remote so I don’t have to rely so heavily on him for those photos.
- I want to feature stylish shopping for plus size girls, of all price points. Of course, they will be all geared to my tastes, because I have awesome taste 😉 but I’m sick of girls saying they’re too poor to dress stylish. There are tonnes of deals to be found out there. “there are no ugly girls, only lazy ones” I would like to help the lazy ones find where to shop. I’ve done a lot of searching and I’m still finding new places that have fabulous clothing at any price range. It is a shame that 99% is online, but at least its out there and available!! Hopefully I can find some more local places too. I’d love to find and feature local shops in my city or cities I like to frequent!
- I want to be able to talk about issues that are often on my mind & I hope to have a monthly or twice monthly rant. I need to stop being afraid of writing about big topics. I get nervous that I can’t or won’t be able to get my ideas or thoughts out clearly, but I never will if I don’t try. The only way to become a better writer is to write.
- Putting myself out there more. That’s a big one. I need to comment more on blogs I like and find blogger friends. I’ve been finding some really great blogs and fallen in love with some of these girls and their style. I admire them and would like to make friends. I need to stop being shy, because being shy won’t get you anywhere.
- I need to figure out if I’m where I should be with hosting. As of right meow, I’m on wordpress.com and I want to look at options for moving to wordpress.org. I’m happy with how easy this platform is to manage, but there are some small things that I’d like to have control over. I love my theme, but there are small things I’d like to change, like my front page. I would like it to have my full posts instead of a weird teaser photo/banner thing. It too choppy and busy looking for me. I could continue to shop the themes available through wordpress.com, or I may just look into hiring a designer and getting a bit more involved with the back end and switching to .org. I’d really appreciate any input from anyone on their feelings regarding this.
I went out an bought myself a planner for blogging, so I can look at the month and see what I have coming up or if I need to plan for something. I took my cues from The Dainty Squid and her Blog Planning post which I found quite inspiring.
I am set to attend The Blogcademy in June. I’m not sure what I’m hoping to get out of the experience, but I’m excited to see what it is! I’m guessing it’ll help with that whole “media kit” part of my resolution.
Other than all the bloggy items, I would like to read more books. Last year I read all of the Game of Thrones books, which were fantastic, but ultimately left me wallowing in a book hangover for months afterwards. I just couldn’t get into reading anything else. I tried joining a small sci-fi book club with my friends, but found I’m too stubborn to be told what to read and when to have it read by ( though I’d love suggestions!! If you have any you think I really should check out, please share them with me). I’m starting the year off with re-reading an old favourite, Mists of Avalon and I’ll move on from there.
My other resolutions would just be to have as much fun as possible. Be glamorous when I want to, shut myself in and hermit when I feel like it. Feel the magic moments that are presented to us, cuddle my kitties as much as possible and go on as many adventures I can with the love of my life and friends!